Palmyra Sugar Candy
Palmyra Sugar Candy
| Borassus flabellifer L. |
| பனை கற்கண்டு, பனங்கற்கண்டு | Palmyra Sugar Candy |
Palmyra Sugar Candy is a traditional Indian sugar made from the sap of the Palmyra Palm Tree. It has a rich, caramel-like flavour and is a popular treat in India and other parts of South Asia.
Here are five key points to consider for using Palmyra Sugar Candy:
- Health Benefits: Palmyra Sugar Candy is a natural sweetener that is rich in nutrients such as iron, calcium, and magnesium. It is also a good source of antioxidants and has been shown to have potential health benefits such as aiding in digestion and reducing inflammation.
- Delicious Flavour: Palmyra Sugar candy has a rich, caramel-like flavour that makes it a delicious treat. It is a popular choice in traditional Indian dishes and can be enjoyed on its own or used to add flavour and sweetness to a variety of recipes.
- Versatility: Palmyra Sugar Candy can be enjoyed on its own as a sweet treat or used as a natural sweetener in a wide range of dishes, including desserts, drinks, and savoury dishes. It can also be used as a topping for oatmeal, yogurt, and other dishes.
- Sustainable Production: Palmyra Sugar Candy is made from the sap of the palmyra palm tree, which is a renewable resource. It is typically produced using sustainable methods that do not involve the use of pesticides or chemicals.
- Suitable for Vegans: Palmyra Sugar Candy is a suitable choice for vegans as it is made from plant-based ingredients. It is also a good alternative to refined white sugar for people with allergies or sensitivities to other sweeteners.
In conclusion, Palmyra Sugar Candy is a natural, nutrient-rich sweetener that is popular in traditional Indian dishes. It has a rich, caramel-like flavour and can be used as a natural sweetener in a wide range of recipes. It is sustainably produced and suitable for vegans.
Unlike rice and wheat that require many inputs in terms of fertiliser and water, millets grow well in dry regions as 'rainfed' crops. More than 60% farmers are dependent on rainfed’ agriculture for their livelihood. India covers arid, semi-arid and sub humid zones which represents more than 70% of the geographical area. India's rain-dependence and malnutrition problem can be addressed by promoting a shift towards production of millets.
Cold Pressed Cooking Oils
Our Cold Pressed Cooking Oils are made using traditional elements – a mortar & pestle made of granite stone and wood (Albizia lebbeck (L.) Benth.), which prevents heat generation. The oil is not heated, processed, or mixed with other chemicals. Hence, the oil retains all of the essential nutrients and minerals.
Traditional Sugars, referred to as Jaggery, is consumed in the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, and Africa. It is made from Coconut, Palmyra, Fish-tailed, Nipa and Date Palm trees. The term jaggery is generally understood to refer to palm syrup based jaggery rather than sugarcane jaggery. The sugary syrup is boiled in steel vats to make these traditional sugars.
The taste this candy is unique and excellent. It is unlike the other Palm Candies available in the market. This is a much healthier option. Ideal for sore throat.
The product is the original Udankudi product. Good for your throat. What I like about this product is that it is very clean, devoid of any twigs or small stones.