Cold Pressed Sesame/ Gingelly Oil
Cold Pressed Sesame/ Gingelly Oil
| Sesamum indicum L. |
| Malayalam: നല്ലെണ്ണ Nalyenna) | Tamil: நல்லெண்ணெய் (Nalyennai) | Telugu: నువ్వుల నూనె (Nuvvula Noone) | Kannada: ಎಳ್ಳೆಣ್ಣೆ (Ellenne) | Hindi: तिल का तेल (Til ka Tael) | English: Sesame/ Gingelly Oil |
Cold Pressed Sesame or Gingelly oil is a type of oil that is extracted from sesame seeds using a traditional method known as cold pressing. This method involves pressing the seeds to extract the oil without the use of heat or chemicals, which helps to preserve the natural nutrients and flavour of the oil.
Here are five reasons why you should consider incorporating Cold Pressed Sesame or Gingelly Oil in your diet:
- Health Benefits: Cold Pressed Sesame Oil is a rich source of monounsaturated fats, which can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It is also high in antioxidants and vitamin E, which can help to improve skin health and reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Natural Flavour: Cold pressing helps to preserve the natural flavour of sesame seeds, making cold pressed sesame oil a delicious choice for cooking. It has a nutty, slightly sweet taste that works well in a variety of dishes, from stir-fries and roasts to baking and salad dressings.
- Versatility: Cold Pressed Sesame Oil is a versatile cooking oil that can be used in a wide range of dishes. It has a high smoke point, making it suitable for high heat cooking methods such as frying and grilling. It is also a great choice for baking and as a base for salad dressings.
- Sustainable Production: Cold pressing is a more sustainable method of oil production compared to traditional methods that rely on heat and chemicals. It requires less energy and produces less waste, making it an eco-friendly choice for consumers.
- Suitable for Vegans: Cold Pressed Sesame Oil is a suitable choice for vegans as it is made from plant-based ingredients. It is also a good alternative to other cooking oils for people with allergies or intolerances to nuts.
In conclusion, Cold Pressed Sesame or Gingelly Oil is a healthy, flavourful, and versatile cooking oil that is suitable for a wide range of dishes. Its sustainable production methods make it an eco-friendly choice for consumers, and it is suitable for vegans and those with nut allergies.
Unlike rice and wheat that require many inputs in terms of fertiliser and water, millets grow well in dry regions as 'rainfed' crops. More than 60% farmers are dependent on rainfed’ agriculture for their livelihood. India covers arid, semi-arid and sub humid zones which represents more than 70% of the geographical area. India's rain-dependence and malnutrition problem can be addressed by promoting a shift towards production of millets.
Cold Pressed Cooking Oils
Our Cold Pressed Cooking Oils are made using traditional elements – a mortar & pestle made of granite stone and wood (Albizia lebbeck (L.) Benth.), which prevents heat generation. The oil is not heated, processed, or mixed with other chemicals. Hence, the oil retains all of the essential nutrients and minerals.
Traditional Sugars, referred to as Jaggery, is consumed in the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, and Africa. It is made from Coconut, Palmyra, Fish-tailed, Nipa and Date Palm trees. The term jaggery is generally understood to refer to palm syrup based jaggery rather than sugarcane jaggery. The sugary syrup is boiled in steel vats to make these traditional sugars.
It has been nearly 10 days since I started using TRENPA’s Sesame Oil. I should say it is good. The flavour is real, and the packaging is very eco-friendly. No plastic. Only Water Activated Tapes. I would recommend this Oil to everyone.
I use it also as a body moisturiser before a bath and it gives a very healthy texture to the body.
Tried Til oil. The oil is full of flavour and packaging is good. Reached Mumbai without spilling. Will definitely try their other products too. Good work by team TRENPA.
Good, good, good. Everything is good.